MED Coach provides the right medical equipment, qualified medical escorts, and professional drivers to assure safe and comfortable long distance patient transportation.
Medical Transportation Equipment
- Oxygen Concentrator – Oxygen Concentrator supplies oxygen at five (5) liters per minute. Additional oxygen tanks available upon request. Pulse Oximeter’s are used to monitor the individuals Oxygen saturation.
- Suction – Suction unit available for an individuals tracheostomy needs.
- Nutritional supplements are continued via PEG or Nasogastric Feeding tube.
- Over the counter medications such as Tylenol, Aspirin, Ibuprofen etc… are also available.
- Glucose monitoring throughout the transfer.
- Foley Catheter – Urine output monitored
Patient Transportation – Qualifications
- An experienced qualified nurse attends to the individual at all times.
- Our transport nurses have more than 5 years of clinical experience and training.
- A Board certified emergency physician is available 24 hours per day for any medical questions or concerns that may arise.
- MedCoach Drivers – All drivers are professionally trained and have at least 3 years experience.
- Each coach is staffed with two drivers for transfers over 10 hours, which allows the patient transport to continue non-stop throughout the night.